…SAID NO-ONE EVER — POP EDITION!
Directions: Using only your smart-assedness and knowledge of classic rock lore, attribute an unlikely quote to a popular musician. Like so…
- “I’m sorry, if Bill Wyman quits, I quit too,” said Keith Richards. ”It’s just not the Rolling Stones without him.”
- “Favourite Beatles song?” said George Harrison. ”Definitely either ‘Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand’ or ‘Sie Liebt Dich.’”
- “Thanks, no,” said Keith Moon. ”I’ve already had one and I’m driving,”
- “We should give Mick Taylor writing credit on this one,” said Mick Jagger.
- “Okay, now it’s time to record one of your songs Artie,” said Paul Simon.
- “I don’t think it’s quite far out enough,” said Mike Love. “Bring the upside down water cooler bottles much higher in the mix.”
- “Can we do another take,” said Carlos Santana. ”I think I may have overplayed a bit on that last one.”
- “Eno’s a clever fellow, but he can’t really play anything,” said Bryan Ferry. ”What he does, he does very well but it’s necessarily limited music.”*
- “Turn my amp down for me, will you,” said Richie Blackmore.
- “Before we start the next number,” said Sid Vicious. ”Give me a moment to tune my bass.”
- “Marijuana’s alright,” said Bob Marley. ”But not when I’m working. I need a clear head.”
- “No, Colonel Parker,” said Elvis Presley.
- “I think we’ll let the music sell the album,” said Madonna.
- “I will defer to you on that decision, Rick,” said Roger Waters.
- “Yes, Mojo, do come in–we’ve much to discuss,” said Van Morrison.
Now you try! It’s fun, it’s easy and it doesn’t cost a penny, only the withering of your already bitter and atrophied heart and the wasting of what precious little time you have left on Earth!
*whoops, Ferry actually did say that.
Editor’s note: I bought You Can Dance when it came out on cassette. An odd bespoke remix/singles hybrid, there is a percussion and keyboard thread that runs thought this segued Lp giving it continuity.